Choosing a builder is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning to build a new home. There are many things to consider and it can be confusing. To help make this process easier, we have compiled the top 5 things to consider when choosing a home builder and why we feel Classic Homes is a cut above other builders.
- Does the builder understand my family’s needs and wants, and can they build a home we love? Choosing to build a home is a huge decision and you want to be sure that not only does the home suit your needs, but that your family will love living in it. Most production builders will allow you to pick out cabinet colors and flooring, but your customization options will be very limited. From floor plan designs to the high-quality materials that go into the home, we strive to create a home that you will love. We take care to listen to every family’s unique needs and wants and help you to incorporate those features or customizations into your new home.
- Will I be treated as a number or just another “sale” for the builder or will I have a personal relationship with a builder I can trust? At most production builders the sales team pushes to get people through the door and houses built. You are identified by your lot number rather than as individuals and the process tends to be very sterile and not personalized. Classic Homes is a tight-knit, family oriented business and we treat our clients like part of the family. We understand what home means to a family and we know that we are building more than just a house. In many cases, we are bringing long-imagined dreams to life. We take pride in creating a place that’s comfortable for everyone, a home that’s just for you.
- Will the builder communicate effectively with me? Many production builders will have long lead times on getting back to you and will rely on you to reach out to them to stay updated. As the process moves along, you will be passed from person to person making it difficult to know who is your contact person at any given time. At Classic Homes we work with our clients every step of the way, building each home to our exacting standards. We encourage you to ask questions and work hard to continually communicate with you throughout the process. We even make it a point to meet at least six times on site to show you how your home is progressing. Our goal is to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible, from ground breaking to the final walk through!
- Do I like the floorplans the builder has to offer? What if I want to make some changes? Most production builders have a set of floorplans that you can choose from, but there are very few (if any) options to alter them to meet your needs. At Classic Homes, we take great pride in our diverse floor plans. We have developed these plans over 30 years of building for happy, satisfied families. Our self-designed floor plans have been drawn to allow for almost innumerable changes and personal touches that fit any family’s needs. We offer tons of great options and well thought out configurations, but it doesn’t stop there. Don’t be afraid to share your dreams and visions with us. Our team will take those dreams and visions and help them come to fruition in your new home. If you don’t see something you want, just ask!
- Can I trust that my builder knows and cares about my neighborhood? Production builders are so large and widespread that it is often difficult for them to know and care for one particular area that they build in. At Classic Homes, we work and live here in Northern Virginia! We have an intimate knowledge of the area, not just because we’ve been in business here for more than three decades, but because we live here and have raised our own families here. We take pride in continuing to grow this wonderful area by creating beautiful homes for our “NOVA” neighbors! We truly believe our experience and knowledge of Northern Virginia helps differentiate us among our competitors so you can feel confident that you’ve chosen the right builder for your family’s new home.
Classic Homes is a semi-custom home builder located in Northern Virginia. They are known for their desirable locations and communities, in addition to their Build On Your Lot program. For more information, visit www.BuildWithClassic.com.