The Building Process
You know you’ll be in good hands when you build on your lot with Classic Homes. We work together as a team to customize a home that fits best for you, your home site and budget. There are just a few steps to make it happen.
Come Meet With Us
- Let’s find the house that meets your needs (we customize our plans!).
- If you have empty land or a home to tear down, we’ll help you determine what size house will fit.
- If you don’t have land or a tear-down we can help you find some.
- Get your construction-to-permanent loan (similar to a mortgage but it pays out in installments) finalized and ready for closing.
- We work with trusted lenders who provide great rates and service. Our current lenders include MVB Mortgage, Citizens Bank, Sandy Spring Bank, and Integrity Home Mortgage.
Grading Plan and Permits
- Ask a land engineer to prepare a grading plan (shows the location of your new home on your property). Use your own engineer or use the same one we use – at the same price we pay!
- Apply for your demolition permit (if applicable) and building permit. Most of our house plans are pre-approved in many counties so getting the building permit can take only a few days!
- We meet before construction to make sure we’re on the same page.
- Time to get started! We take it from here and bring you in for a few activities (e.g. applying for electricity). Don’t worry, we’ll guide you.
- For any site work, use your contractors or choose from ours.
- The construction process typically takes 6-8 months.